With three billion “snaps” generated every single day, Snapchat has grown exponentially in only ten short years of life. Snapchat users of all ages love the app so much because of its “feel-good” connotation where users can be themselves and share their day-to-day lives.
If your business is leveraging all your social media tools for a thorough marketing strategy, you’re likely familiar with Snapchat. The average Snapchat user opens the more than 30 times throughout the day, giving your brand plenty of opportunities to engage and connect with their favorite brands. Snapchat’s advertising leaders include Shein, Bumble, and Taco Bell. With a fast-growing net advertising revenue expected to reach over $2 billion by the end of the year, Snapchat is the place to spend marketing dollars and see a successful ROI.
What is a Snapchat Public Profile?
A Public Profile on Snapchat allows brands to share their content with a larger audience on the platform. At first, Snapchat only permitted certain users to have a public profile. Today, Snapchat users 18 and older can utilize the capability to connect with an audience beyond their connected friends.
Your Public Profile is essentially a home page for your account. Users can subscribe to your page to follow your content. They can find your profiles through searching, on the Discovery tab, through lenses, or from a paid ad. There are four key features on a Public profile: Public Stories, AR Lenses, Highlights, and Shops.
Public Profile Elements on Snapchat
A Public Profile has many more features than a regular profile. Once you create a Snapchat Public Profile, your page will display several unique elements.
- Bio: You have 150 characters to tell your audience about your brand.
- Location: Share your location with fans and followers.
- Business Type: Select from the business categories.
- Subscribe Button: What your audience clicks to subscribe to your page.
- Subscriber Count: Total subscriber count separate from friends.
- Verified Status: Once verified, a yellow check will appear next to their name signaling audiences are interacting with the official brand account.
- Website Link: Add a link to your website or landing page, allowing Snapchat users to click through to special offers or products.
How to Use Snapchat’s Public Profile Features
Public Profiles allow brands to connect with their audience through four specific features. With the opportunity to reach users far beyond connected friends, these helpful features work together to reach consumers worldwide. Here is how to utilize each of these features.
Creating a Snapchat Public Story
Your Public Story is the collection of Snaps played in chronological order. For up to 24 hours, your audience can view your Story. With the Public Story, your content becomes available worldwide as opposed to just your connected friends.
To create a Public Story, take a Snapchat or select an image or video from your memories. You may choose from previously saved Snaps or your camera roll (swipe up on the camera screen to access these options). Once you have your photo or video selected, you can make the post more personal by adding stickers, text, a URL, and more. Then, send the Snap to your Story by sending it to “My Story.”
Harnessing Snapchat’s AR Lenses
AR Lenses are interactable ways to connect with consumers using the popular augmented reality feature. Brands use product try-on lenses and unique filters to excite and engage with their audience. You can save your Lenses to your profile, thereby ensuring that Snapchat users can discover your content at any time.
To add your AR Lens to your Public Profile, begin by Creating Your Lens. This can be done directly in Lens Studio, through Lens Web Builder, or in partnership with the community of Lens Creators. Then, Submit your Lens to your Profile. It can take up to 24-hours for the Lens to appear on your profile.
What are Snapchat Highlights?
Highlights, which include videos or images, remain on your Snapchat page permanently. You may add Highlights from your previously posted stories or your camera roll. Be sure to create an enticing title, as this is a key driver of engagement with Highlights.
To create your first Snapchat Highlight, follow the directions below:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap your avatar in the top left corner.
- Select your profile.
- Go to the “Highlights” tab.
- Click “Create New Highlight.”
- Choose images or videos to add to your Highlight.
- After selecting the content, tap “Select” on the bottom of the screen.
- Preview your highlight to see how it will look to your audience. Then, select “Next.”
- Enter a title for the Highlight and select a cover image.
- Tap “Finish.”
Opening Snapchat Shops
Active brands on Shopify can include a Shop button on their Profile. This button takes Snapchatters to a native store featuring your products. The native checkout allows users to buy products directly within the app, instead of directing them to another app or website.
To add more products to your Snapchat Shop:
- Install the Snapchat Sales Channel into your Shopify store.
- Once installed, email your Snapchat account team with your store deep link.
- Snapchat will manually add the Shop button to your profile.
How to Set Up a Snapchat Public Profile
Creating a Public Profile is a simple procedure involving only a few short steps.
- To create a Public Profile, tap your Bitmoji in the upper left-hand corner and go to My Profile.
- Scroll down to Public Profile and select “Create Public Profile.”
- Next, click “Create.”
- You will then arrive at the settings page with a new section called “Public Profiles,” and a new “My Public Profile” underneath.
- Tap “My Public Profile,” then click “Edit Profile” and add in your preferences and information.
Congratulations! You can now post on your Public Profile!
Integrating Snapchat Public Profiles into Your Marketing Strategy
Utilizing Snapchat in your marketing strategy gives you millions of opportunities every single day to connect and engage with your brand’s target audience, as well as attract new consumers. Having a Public Profile allows a new set of consumers to view your content and become loyal to your brand. This Snapchat feature seeks to direct new customers to your business. Be sure to take advantage of this marketing opportunity to captivate new and existing audiences and turn views into sales, interactions, and more.
With some help from Premiere Creative, your business can apply Snapchat strategies to reach your target audience and build your brand on the platform. Call us today at (973) 346-8100 to begin your Snapchat marketing journey!